You can unlock your iPhone either through biometric verification or a passcode. But once you unlock your iPhone, anyone can access your apps.
The apps may contain private pictures or data which anyone can access. So for extra security, you can add lock apps on your iPhone.
There are numerous ways to lock apps in the device like by Face ID,Touch ID or through third party apps.
The article discusses how to lock apps on iPhones. So, keep scrolling through this article to learn more about the information.
How Can I Lock Apps On iPhone?
1. Lock Apps Using the Screen Time Passcode
The screen time feature is an excellent feature by which you can lock apps in ios 12 and above. But you can lock only those apps Apple has created on the device. You must follow the steps below to lock apps using the screen time passcode.
- Go to settings ,screen time and then switch on screen time.
- Set a screen time password by a four-digit number. You need to choose the option to use the screentime passcode option to do it.
- Now click again on settings option and then click on screen time.
- Tap on Add limits
- Now click on add limit option.
- Choose the category which you wish to lock. For example, if you want to lock all the photos on your device, you must choose the creativity category.
- So choose the app you wish to lock and click the next option.
- You have to select the time now. You can choose 1 or 2 min at the slider.
- Tap on add option.
- The block at the end of the limit option present at the end of the page should be toggled on.
- Now you have successfully locked the photo app on your device. Suppose you are seeing photos on your iPhone, then after 1 minute, the app will get locked. You must type the screen time password to see the photos again.
- If you want to lock some more apps on your device, go back to add limit option once again and then repeat the procedure.
2. Lock Apps Using Guided Access
The guided access feature will lock the apps on your device except for the one app on the screen.
For example, someone want to call from your device and you are scared that he will use other apps.You can use the guided access feature so that your relative or friend can only call someone but cannot access other applications on your iPhone.
- Click settings
- Tap General and then go to Accessibility.
- You have to then tap on guided access.
- You have to toggle on the guided access option.
- Move to the passcode settings and then tap on it.
- You have to then set a guided access password.
- After setting the guided access password, you can switch on the guided access screen at any moment. You must press either the home button three times or the side button three times to access the guided screen.
- You can then draw a circle covering all the apps you wish to lock. You can exit from the guided access screen by triple-clicking the home or side buttons, entering the password, and then clicking on the end.
3. Lock Apps By Using Face Id And Passcode
You must follow the steps below to lock apps using your face id.
- Open the settings application on your iPhone.
- Click on face id and passcode.
- Enter the passcode.
- If you don’t remember the password, click forget the passcode.
- Tap on other apps which you wish to lock by using face ID.
- You must enable the face ID on the apps you want to lock. You can do it by tapping on the right-hand side’s toggle.
4. Lock Apps By Using Shortcuts
If you have ios 13 or above, you can lock apps using shortcuts. You must create a shortcut first for the app you wish to lock and then add a passcode. The shortcut app will appear on the device’s home screen, and you can access it by entering the passcode. But remember to hide the app so that the shortcut app you created will work properly.
You need to follow the steps below to lock apps by using shortcuts.
- You need to open the shortcut section of your iPhone to start the process.
- You must click on the plus icon to add a shortcut for the app you wish to lock.
- Create the shortcut. Suppose you wish to lock Snapchat. Then you need to type the shortcut name, which is, in this case, Snapchat.
- Click on Add action.
- Type ask for input in the search bar.
- Select the ask for input option, which will appear below.
- You will find written ask-for text with the prompt.
- Click on the text, and a new box will appear. There will be various options like text, number, date, time, and date & time.
- You need to select a number.
- Now you have to write one prompt. You can write and enter a passcode.
- Click on Done.
- Now press the right arrow present just near the ask for number with enter passcode.
- There will be two options, i.e., allow decimal numbers and allow negative numbers.
- You need to disable both of them.
- Click on if the button is present on the lower end of the page.
- You will find that it will automatically connect with the previous command. There will be written if provided input condition.
- Click on the condition and then choose is.
- Now you have to give one number, which will be your passcode.
- Click on done after typing the passcode.
- Go to the search bar and then type open app.
- The open app option will come. You need to tap on it.
- Click the app option ad, then search snap chat.
- The snap chat option will appear, and you need to tap on it.
- Save the shortcut to the home screen.
- The photo icon of the snap chat may appear different. You can change it if you wish.
- Repeat the steps for other apps you wish to lock by this method.
5. Lock Apps By Restrictions.
You can lock apps by restrictions if you have iOS 11 or a lower version. We have listed below steps that you can follow to lock apps by restrictions.
- Go to the settings option of your iPhone.
- Click general
- Scroll down and then tap on restrictions.
- Select enable restrictions.
- You have to enter the passcode twice once it is prompted.
- Numerous app options will appear. You can switch off the toggle for the apps you wish to lock on your device.
But if you have ios 12 or above, the above method will not work. However, you can do it by following the procedure.
- Go to the settings option and then the screen time section.
- Choose content and privacy restrictions
- Click on allowed apps.
- Numerous app options will appear.
- You need to toggle off those apps you wish to lock on your device.
6. Lock Apps By Touch ID
You can use Touch ID for lock apps on your iPhone. We are listing the procedure below.
- Your first duty is to set up a touch ID by entering your fingerprint on your iPhone.
- Go to the settings application on your iPhone.
- Select touch ID and passcode
- Enter the four-digit passcode.
- Numerous apps will appear on the screen.
- You can toggle off those apps you want to lock on your device.
7. Lock Apps By Third-Party Apps
You can lock apps in your iPhone with third-party apps. There are numerous third parties available for locking apps. But some are free, and some may require a subscription. Additionally, you must remember that the third-party app by which you will lock apps should be compatible with your device.
Below are a few apps by which you can lock your apps on your iPhone.
1. Google smart lock
Google smart lock is available in the app store, and you can use it to lock apps on your iPhone. The app uses various measures to protect your device’s apps, like finger scan and two-factor authentication.
Applocker helps in securing every app on your device with a strong passcode. The best thing about using the app locker is that it is easy to use and doesn’t require significant setting changes. It can lock any application in your device, from social media to bank applications.
So to use the app locker, you need to follow the below steps.
- Download the app locker from the app store.
- You have to create either a password or pin and then use them to lock and unlock apps.
- Add apps to the app locker and select the app you want to lock on your device.
How To Lock Whatsapp On iPhone?
You can lock WhatsApp on your iPhone in the following ways.
- Click WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Go to the settings option.
- Click privacy and then select screen lock.
- Select between face ID and touch ID and then choose time duration.
Locking apps is reasonably necessary. It will increase the security feature of your iPhone. We have listed above the procedures for locking apps on iPhones. You can adopt any methods and lock apps on your device and increase the security level.
Thank you for reading the article.
FAQ : How To Lock Apps On iPhone
Q1. Can you lock photos on your iPhone?
Ans : Yes, you can lock photos on your iPhone.You need to use a screen time password to lock your entire photos preset in the device’s gallery.
Q2. How to lock apps on iPhone for free?
Ans : You can lock apps entirely free of cost in various ways. For example, you can use screen time or guided access methods for locking apps.
Q3. How do I lock apps on my iPhone without a touch ID?
Ans : -Go to settings of the device and then tap on Faceid and passcode.
-You have to enter the passcode.
-Check other apps and then toggle off the apps you want to lock on your iPhone.