Purchasing an iPhone is quite thrilling for most of us. But after purchasing, you like transferring music from your Mac to a new iPhone so that you can listen to music anywhere you go.
Most people find difficulties in moving music from an Android device to iPhone. But fortunately, both Mac and iPhone are built by the Apple Company. So you will not find much difficulty syncing music from Mac to iPhone.
Apple recommends using iTunes or Finder to move music from Mac to iPhone. But iTunes lacks a few things which may create a problem. However, there are other ways to transfer music from Mac to iPhone.
The article discusses how to transfer music from Mac to iPhone. So, keep reading this article to know multiple ways by which you can transfer music from Mac to iPhone.
How To Transfer Music From Mac To iPhone By Using Finder?
Most people choose iTunes or Finder to transfer music or any other data from Mac to iPhone with the help of a USB cable.
But remember a few things before using Finder or iTunes to transfer music.
- Wherever you transfer music from Mac to iPhone, it may delete some music from the iPhone.
- iTunes supports only a few music formats. So you may need to convert the music into specific formats before transferring them into your iPhone.
- Mac OS Catalina will not support iTunes. So if you have Mac Os Catalina or a higher version, you must use Finder to transfer any data, including music, from Mac to iPhone.
Now let us discuss the methods you need to follow for transferring music from Mac to iPhone.
- Your first duty is to run Finder on your Mac. But if you use Mac earlier than the Catalina operating system, you must run iTunes on your Mac. The procedure is almost similar in the two operating systems. So you don’t need to worry about it.
- Now take the USB cord and connect your iPhone to the Mac.
- Go back to the Finder and click on your iPhone name. The iPhone appears immediately after connecting the device with the Mac.
- You will visualize all the details regarding the iPhone on your Mac.
- Click on the music button, usually on the horizontal bar of your Mac screen.
- Put a tick mark on the sync music onto your iPhone name.
- Now a pop-up will appear on your screen, asking whether you want to remove the existing music, movies, TV shows, and books from your iPhone and sync with this library.
- You need to click on the remove & sync option to proceed further.
- Choose either the entire music library or selected artists, albums &playlists.
- Click on apply button.
- Now it will start syncing the music from Mac to iPhone.
How To Transfer Music From Mac To Iphone Without Itunes?
You can transfer music from Mac to iPhone, but it will replace the existing music on the iPhone. If you don’t like such a thing, you need to download a third-party tool called iPhone data transfer. It can transfer music from Mac to iPhone and from iPhone to iPhone.
Below are a few steps you need to follow for syncing music from Mac to iPhone without iTunes.
- Now iPhone data transfer
- Now Connect your iPhone to your Mac by using a USB data cable.
- Enter the passcode in your iPhone.
- Open the iPhone data transfer on your Mac.
- Now you can visualize all the details of your iPhone on the Mac screen.
- Click music which is present on the left side of the screen.
- All the music from your iPhone will appear on the right side of the screen.
- Now it’s time to add music from Mac to iPhone.
- Click the + button, which is present at the top of the screen.
- A box appears, which will have two options. The first is to add files, and the second is to add a folder.
- Click on add files.
- It takes a few seconds to add music from Mac to iPhone.
- Click on the music app of your iPhone and listen to your favorite music.
How To Transfer Music From Mac To iPhone By Airdrop?
Airdrop is an excellent choice to wirelessly transfer any data, including music, from your Mac to your new iPhone.
But for this, both devices must be connected to a stable internet connection. Simultaneously the Bluetooth must be switched on both Mac and iPhone. Additionally, they should be placed nearer while transferring music.
Once you do all these things, you must follow the below procedure for syncing music.
Also Read :
- How To Make Your Neighbors Move Immediately
1. Enable Airdrop On Both Devices
Open the Finder app on your Mac and then enable the airdrop feature, which is usually present in the left sidebar. You have to change the visibility to everyone to transfer music seamlessly.
Now open your iPhone and move to the settings option. Airdrop is an inbuilt feature that is there in all iPhones.
Now go to the settings option and then click on general. You will find the airdrop feature. You have to set its visibility to everyone.
2. Send Audio files
Your subsequent work is to find where you have stored the music. Go to the finder app on your Mac and then to the folder where you have stored a lot of music. Select the music file and drag it to the iPhone icon on the Airdrop screen. Once you do this, the music will transfer from Mac to iPhone.
3. Accept Data On iPhone
You will get a pop-up on your iPhone screen which notifies you about transferring the music. There will be two options, i.e., accept or reject. Tap the accept button to sync music from Mac to iPhone.
How To Transfer Music From Mac To iPhone By Dropbox?
Do you wish to transfer a few music files from Mac to iPhone? If yes, then you should take the help of the Dropbox feature. This feature allows 2 GB of space on every cloud base account. So you can use this feature to sync a few music files from Mac to iPhone easily.
Let’s discuss how to transfer music from Mac to iPhone by Dropbox.
1. Upload Music From Mac To Dropbox
There are numerous by which you can upload music from Mac to Dropbox. One way to do this is to download the Dropbox app on your Mac and create an account. You must open the Dropbox app on Finder and then drag and drop the music files. You can even copy the music files and paste them into the folder of the Dropbox app.
But if you don’t want to use Finder while transferring misc files, there is another alternative way to transfer music. You must visit the Dropbox website and sign in to the account. Click on the upload button to show you the music list on your Mac device. Now select any music, and it will store on your Dropbox application.
2. Download Music From Drop Box To iPhone
Now all the music files are stored in your Dropbox. So open the drop box feature on your iPhone and browse to find the newly uploaded music files. You can tap on the three-dot icon on the side of every music file and then choose the option to avail the file offline.
Now the music file will be downloaded on your iPhone, and you can enjoy listening to music.
Most of the youngsters have the hobby of listening to music. So if you have bought an iPhone, your first action will be transferring your favorite music from your Mac to your iPhone. Well, that’s pretty easy, and you can easily do it.
We have listed how to transfer music from Mac to iPhone and hope the information is helpful.
FAQ : How To Transfer Music From Mac To iPhone?
Q1. How to transfer music from Mac to iPhone without iTunes for free?
Ans : You can use cloud services like Dropbox and Google to play music for transferring from Mac to iPhone without iTunes. These cloud-based services will allow you to listen to music without using iPhone storage.
Q2. How do I download mp3 songs to my iPhone?
Ans : Tap on the settings option and then go to music and turn on automatic downloads. Now the you add to your iPhone will be automatically downloaded to your iPhone.
Q3. How do I transfer music from my laptop to my iPhone using USB?
Ans : Connect the iPhone to the computer using a USB cable and then open iTunes. Click the device icon, which is present in the upper left corner of the Mac screen. You have to then click music and then sync music(Choose the entire music library or select playlists, albums, and artists). Click apply button, and the music will start syncing from the laptop to iPhone.